KARAN S.THUKRAL Advocate
Managing & Practicing Partner,
The Thukral Group (Formerly known as Thukral & Associates)
Firm Establishment: Year 2001
RELATED FIRMS TO ‘THE THUKRAL GROUP (Headed by Karan S.Thukral)
- THUKRAL LAW ASSOCIATES, Legal & Litigation Services
- THUKRAL GLOBAL IMMIGRATIONS, Immigration Services
- THUKRAL ESPION SERVICES, Exploration & Investigative Services
- THUKRAL REAL ESTATE, Real Estate Management Services
- THUKRAL BUSINESS SERVICES, Corporate Legal Consultancy
Career & Education
- BA.LL.B. (Honors). D.F.(New Delhi, India)
- Advocate, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
- Advocate, Delhi High Court, New Delhi
- Advocate, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
- Accredited Dispute Resolution Exper
M: +91- 9999 009339 | +91- 9821 868998
O: +911-40047229 | +91-9821868995,
USA Phone: +1(509)978-0068
OFFICE(S): New Delhi, Punjab, Pune, Bangalore, with a PAN India presence with Port and Associate Offices in all major cities and States.
Central Delhi: A-1/158, Suite 3, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi
North Delhi: BM- 179 (L.G.F.), Shalimar Bagh(w), Delhi
Chandigarh Punjab: Chamber No. 87, Opp. Advocate General’s Office, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
Office Canada: 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7
PRESENT / PAST MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, USA
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Japan
- AEA International Lawyers, Europe
- International Bar Association, London
- Delhi High Court Bar Association, India
- Canadian Council - International Law, Canada
- Australian & New Zealand Society of International Law, Australia
Conferred with the National Excellence Award for being the Young Achiever & Entrepreneur (Law).
Law Firm of the year, India Prestige Awards, 2021
Best NRI Law Firm- 2015 India, M & A Legal Awards, 2015.
Best NRI- Dispute Resolution Professional's, IPAC Legal Awards, 2016.
Best Firm for Excellence in NRI Law, Acquisition International Magazine.
Best Law Firm for Family Law, Divorce & Adoptions, IPAC Legal Awards- 2016
Constitutional Law Firm of the Year, Acquisition International Awards, England-2014.
Civil & Criminal Litigation Law Firm of the Year, International Advisory Experts-2016.
Civil Litigation Law Firm of the year, International Advisory Experts-2018.
Best Law Firm for Family Law, AI Legal Awards-2015.
Inter-Country Family Matters, Inter-Country
Commercial Litigation & International Arbitration
Real Estate & Construction
Property Law, Wills and Inheritance Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
Citizenship and Immigration Law
Drug and Narcotics Laws
- Competitive and Reasonable
- English, Hindi, Punjabi and French.
Karan S.Thukral is a good strategist and has excellent reputation in NRI Laws, specifically matters relating to Inter-Country laws and regulations. He has worked amongst international clients and legal peers for many years. He is excellent in dispute resolution on all litigations and international matters. He covers all aspects of family laws, which also include inheritance and real estate issues. He is renowned for his expertise in constitutional law matters as well which include writ petitions against the government and various other statutory departments. Karan S.Thukral is also considered a dominant presence for matters related to international laws, inheritance disputes and inter-country family law matters. He has been advising clients which include various International Consulates on international laws involving interpretation of international treaties and conventions.
Many international figures majorly from US, Canada, U.K., Australia, and Germany form a part of the array of clients that he regularly advises on a host of Indian law issues. He is consistently ranked as one of the reputed and preferably opted lawyers as a leading individual for matters relating to international and inter-country laws.
In International Law and Inter- Country aspect Karan S. Thukral advises on NRI Legal Services; International Adoption; NRI Adoption; Foreign Adoption; Hindu Adoption; Child Protection; Surrogacy Law; Child Guardianship; Property Succession; Family Property Disputes; Property Finance; Property Investment; Property Development; Investment Property Management; Banking Security and Advisory Work; Corporate Laws; Matrimonial Criminal Proceeding; Dowry Harassment; Matrimonial Disputes; Maintenance; Annulment of Marriage; Restitution of Conjugal Rights; Bail/Anticipatory Bail; Civil Law; Writ Petitions in HC and SC; Recovery Suits & Civil Matters.
The Law firm partners with Attorney’s in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Canada, USA, Spain, Cyprus, Portugal, China, Ireland, Malta, Dubai, Hungary, Hong Kong.
Karan S. Thukral’s name and law firm also appears in the global legal directories of lawyers, law firms & Attorneys in Gulf Advocates. He is a foreign associate Business and Immigration lawyer with the international Beijing Yingke Law Firm in China. At present Karan S.Thukral partners with myriad law firms and lawyers around the globe, which has given a distinguished identity to the firm and its reputation.
Karan and his firm- Thukral Law Associates in the year 2015 became the International Partner of RL Advogados Law Firm in Lisbon, Portugal. In the year 2020-2021 itself, the firm has partnered with 10 leading international law firms and Regional centers including- Planus Consulting & Services ltd. Cyprus, Focus Canada Immigration, Crossroads Investment Partners Indiana, Law offices of George C. Stylianou Cyprus, Antonis Paschalides & Co. LLC Nicosia, Lawrence Associates ltd. St. Kitts & Nevis, Legal Block Portugal, Novus Initium ltd. Ireland and IDLF Ireland.
Mr.Thukral is also the leading legal counsel for the reputed hospital Balaji Action Cancer Hospital. He extensively advises the organization in matters relating to medical practice, corporate transactions etcetera.
Thukral was the lawyer representing the Solicitor from Canada in the well-known adoption case before the Delhi High Court. The case involved several pertinent legal issues related to inter-country direct adoptions and Hague convention which were framed by the single Judge and later referred to the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. He was also the main counsel representing the petitioners in all the cases.
Karan S.Thukral came out to be the main legal counsel who represented the Australian couple before the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court in the famous surrogacy case. The Australian couple was seeking an exceptional waiver of the applicability of the anti-sex determination law for those couples who want to have a balanced family with a male and a female child through surrogate mothers. He also represented the US based prominent doctor before the Delhi High Court in her struggle to take her adopted child back to US. The High Court was hearing two petitions by US nationals who were unable to take their children adopted from biological parents outside India in the absence of any guidelines in the country on the issue.
The daily issue of the Business Standard on the cases represented by Thukral quoted "Voicing concern over the issue of inter-country adoptions where biological parents are directly giving their child for adoption, the Delhi High Court sought details of the process of adoption in United States." In fact, in an ironical case, Thukral represented a Canadian student before the Delhi High Court in an education matter which was aimed against the same university from which he completed and graduated law.
Thukral has been practicing constitutional law dealing with mostly writ petitions directed against the government departments and banks. The Guardian quoted Thukral in an article published as “The lack of legal clarity means such adoptions become vulnerable to delays, harassment and corruption". The Minister for women and child welfare Maneka Gandhi in the same article was quoted saying, “People have to wait for three to four years to adopt. That is inexcusable, I want to overhaul the system so it takes not more than four months to adopt.”
The Washington Post taking account of the two famous cases represented by Thukral published an article with a heading 'India moves to improve ‘shameful’ record on orphan adoptions' reporting that 'A large number of children go missing every year in India, and the number of infants is huge.'
The Newstral mentioned about the report as India is targeting adoption red tape as a black market for babies thrives. The Court further observed that the It was a larger issue and needed consideration. It will have huge repercussion. He is one of the known good lawyers in India and one of the top 3 Handpicked Property Case Lawyers in Delhi.
Thukral was also the leading lawyer in the five important cases decided by the Delhi High Court in 2016 with the landmark judgment PKH versus CARA related to Hague Convention for adoption of children. He has represented famous personalities from the Film Industry including Sonu Ahluwalia in the Indian Court proceedings related to his divorce in US with Bollywood actress Pooja Batra.
Thukral represented the Australian citizen before the Delhi High Court in the Indian citizenship revocation case. His name appears on the Delhi Criminal Lawyers listings as one of the eminent lawyers. His name also appears as one of the international lawyers having a full service law firm in the indexes of international lawyers.
The Wall Street Journal interviewed Thukral on the Criminal Law Amendment Bill which was passed by the Indian Parliament later in the year 2014 which aimed to strengthen the country’s laws on sexual assault. He was also interviewed by the Wall Street Journal Deborah Kan on the famous Delhi Gang Rape case on the aspect of how India’s legal system was dealing with a trial that was seizing the country.
In the year 2020 the family of British National who was brutally murdered in India retained Advocate Karan S.Thukral as their legal counsel. The NRI was a British National who was on a visit to India, however, could not travel back to the UK due to Covid-19 international travel restrictions. In December 2020, Karan S. Thukral on behalf of his client who hails from the Republic of Iraq issued a strong-worded Legal Notice to Qatar Airways Company for compensatory and punitive damages amounting to 50 million US Dollars.
- India towards becoming an Arbitration Hub
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- India Becoming New Dumping Ground
- Indian Citizenship: Surrendering the Bizarre Right to be Stateless
- Unmuting the Voiceless
- An Unvocal Area of Adoption
- Two Striking Swords - Freedom and Contempt
- Consumer Protection Turned Consumer Fortification
- Cover Story in Business Connect Magazine, CEO The Thukral Group
- Cover Story in Insight Success Magazine, Constitutional Firms in India
- 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6UmB1xhhBU&app=desktop
- 2. https://twitter.com/karansthukral/status/1118710917716434945
- 3. http://www.gulfadvocates.com/law-firm-region-detail/138/thukral-law-associates
- 4. http://english.southchinalawyer.com/list/?28_2.html
- 5. http://www.portugallawyers.pt/partners
- 6. https://nneolaw.com/
- 7. https://focuscanadaimmigration.com/
- 8. https://visit-invest-cyprus.com/contact/
- 9. https://www.paschalides.com/
- 10. https://lawrenceassociatesltd.com/
- 11. https://www.legalblock.pt/
- 12. https://www.idlf.ie/
- 13. http://www.lawleader.in/JudgmentFile/11392_21072016103813.pdf https://indiankanoon.org/doc/67175995/ http://www.indiancaselaw.com/pkh-vs-central-adoption-resource-authority- delhi-high-court-18-07- 2016/
- 14. https://indiankanoon.org/doc/121812629/
- 15. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/petition-against-antisex-determination-test- dismissed/article5328286.ece
- 16. http://www.livemint.com/Politics/ppF1l6iCLDh5SlQP2Ft74O/Intercountry-adoptions-HC-seeks-process-of-adoption-in-US.html
- 17. http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/inter-country-adoptions-hc-seeks-process-of-adoption-in-us- 115010800894_1.html
- 18. http://www.delhidistrictcourts.nic.in/DEC%2011/Neeraj%20Bahl%20Vs.%20Guru%20gobind%20Singh%20Indraprast ha%20university.pdf
- 20. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/30/india-delhi-speed-adoption-orphans
- 21. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/india-moves-to-improve-shameful-record-on-orphan- adoptions/2015/03/20/cefd4fce-c82a-11e4-bea5-b893e7ac3fb3_story.html?utm_term=.1fc006ca0b50
- 22. https://newstral.com/en/article/en/980575321/india-is-targeting-adoption-red-tape-as-a-black-market-for-babies- thrives
- 23. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-delhi-high-court-expresses-concern-over-lack-of-guidelines-on-inter-country- adoptions-2043424
- 24. http://rankofbest.com/India/Khekra/Lawyer/KARAN_STHUKRAL_Attorney_At_Law@ChIJsyEM_CcCDTkRrY- dVTsrQTg/
- 25. http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/safeguards-in-adoption-process-shouldnt-lead-to-harassment-says-delhi- high-court-2831611/
- 26. https://indiankanoon.org/doc/57478285/?type=print
- 27. http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/dhcqrydisp_o.asp?pn=260091&yr=2015
- 28. http://delhicriminallawyers.in/listing/thukral-law-associates-2/
- 29. http://internationallawyersdirectory.com/listing/thukral-law-associates-hindi-english-trusts-wills//
- 30. http://www.wsj.com/video/will-indias-new-rape-law-make-a-difference/A40CBC08-E405-455F-A6
- 31. https://www.wsj.com/video/india-legal-system-under-scrutiny-over-rape-trial/71BF6D86-0D4C-457F-8646- 722596F9111C.html
- 32. https://www.livelaw.in/law-firms/london-nris-family-retains-mrkaran-sthukral-advocate-as-their-legal-counsel-160481
- 33. https://www.livelaw.in/law-firms/karan-sthukral-iraq-national-compensatory-damages-qatar-airways-company-167548
- 34. https://hubpages.com/@karansthukral
- 35. https://enterprise-services.siliconindia.com/viewpoint/cxoinsights/indian-citizenship-surrendering-the-bizarre-right-to-be-stateless-nwid-9093.html
- 36. https://www.livelaw.in/law-firms/articles/animals-unmuting-voiceless- cruelty-to-animals-167013
- 37. https://www.livelaw.in/law-firms/articles/an-unvocal-area-of-adoption-161527
- 38. http://desikaanoon.in/two-striking-swords-freedom-and-contempt/
- 39. https://businessconnectindia.in/lounge-interviews/the-thukral-group/
- 40. https://www.insightssuccess.in/thukral-law-associates-a-law-firm-with-an-international-perspective/